Date: Friday, March 11, 09:30 am – 10:45 am Mountain Time (MT).
Register in advance for this meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Facilitators: Soudeh Kamali and Lucas Laurindo
– Dr. John Monteverdi, CCM & Director of the Mayacamas Weather Consultant
– Dr. Ray Bell, Data Scientist at DTN
– Dr. Maria Navas-Moreno, Co-Founder and CEO Lever Photonics
Get insights on life and careers in the private sector from scientists at different companies and career stages. Possible topics include:
· Motivations and challenges for transitioning to a career outside of academia.
· How is work-life balance in the private sector, and how does that aspect compare to academia.
· Advice for those looking for experiences outside of academia.
The format of this workshop will include a brief introduction by panelists followed by a Q&A, so please bring your questions!