So, the panic can now start setting in! I cannot believe that we only have two weeks. This past week, I have been doing a lot of lab work in order to analyze the samples that we collected in the field. I have extracted the DNA of my water samples as well as the over and under 53 micron sediment samples. I finished the last DNA extraction today, unless a set that I previously did happens to be of poor quality when we go to run the data. I wouldn’t actually mind that too much, as it’s been nice to listen to an audiobook or podcasts as I do the extractions because they are such a long and repetitive process! I am very thankful that I have been able to experience lab work, because I always pictured doing field work and didn’t realize that I would grow to love pipetting things and extracting DNA. Now that my samples only contain the DNA, we can finally start to enter them in and analyze them. I should have my first figure within the next couple of days and can finally see some results!