Coming into this program I was quite nervous about working alongside physicists, scientists and PhD students. Over the past week, I have gotten to know all of my fellow interns who are all different but have key similar characteristics that we can all relate to each other with. I really enjoyed the team building exercises to let myself truly learn to be more vulnerable with people that I barely know. Renee, Anne as well as the rest of the staff has been amazing and so supportive in every way that they can.

As far as my actual internship is concerned, what an amazing opportunity to be apart of such an in depth and complex system that protects our planet. I am so very excited to continue to explore this realm of invisible energetics and how they correlate to the tools that we use in modern day society. I can’t believe that it is the first week already and am so excited and anxious to dive in deeper. Rick, my mentor, is a wealth of knowledge and information and inspires me to have many alternate ways of thinking about my project on geomagnetism. Heres a picture of the Great Barrier Reef!

One comment on “First week of my NOAA internship

• Nelson! I was also anxious coming into this internship, but am so grateful that we have opened ourselves up to new friendships! I am excited to hear more about your research project as we dive further into the Summer. It has been such a pleasure and a privilege getting to know you, and I look forward to what the future brings!

Cheers!
    <3