Jumping right in, instead of trying to create a best fit  polynomial (polyfit) to my data, I was supposed to be creating a linear fit via the power fit equation, but using the polyfit function in MatLab to do it…I’m confused!  Well, once we finally got it all sorted, we plotted, and guess what we didn’t get…a straight line! Took us a bit to figure out what was going on, but apparently my sample data wasn’t homogeneous (meaning the aerosols weren’t evenly distributed).  (For our project, we’re assuming homogeneity.)  That’s okay, though, it was more about learning the process than getting the right answer.

Otherwise, we had a hard drive crash on us, so we had to run out to the field really quick to switch it out for a new one.  While we were out there, though, we noticed the back-up generator was kicking on, despite still being plugged directly into the primary power supply.  So, from what little I overheard, they’re not sure why that’s happening, and decided to shut it down over the weekend.  Hopefully they’ll be able to figure out what’s going on, and we can continue to get some more data.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *