20160616_122135 - CopyBetween last week and this week my family was in town here in Colorado from Ohio for the first time! I have lived in Colorado for over a year so I had gone a long time without seeing them. The greatest thing was that I was able to bring my sisters into the field with me. They helped our team measure the trees’ widths with a tape measure and were able to learn about height classes of trees and possible reasons that they had died. I am a first generation college student and the oldest of seven children so it is very important to me to show my younger siblings their options. I am so grateful that my mentor, Brian Harvey, and his team were so welcoming to my family and were willing to educate my sisters. The photo to the left shows my sisters and me enjoying our field day!

This week my introduction was due for my poster presentation. This has been difficult considering we have been in the field a lot and my family was here so, of course, that kept me busy. I am really excited for this week as I think I should really get going on my project and I now have the time to really focus on the work.

One comment on “Family Time!

• How great that you were able to take your little sisters into the field. You are a wonderful role model for them, as well as all your younger siblings.