Wow! I have been riding the waves. I make a point to cheer every time I get the exhilaration of going over a particularly awesome and powerful wave within this project. Out of all of this swirling energy, I have found Gold, learned R, learned Python, learned to love Linux Operating Systems, and worked with ENVI image processing. I can overlay imagery data over an IDL graph and am constructing an interactive 3D map with the Leaflet JavaScript Application Programming Interface. One thing that I’ve immensely improved upon is being able to see the forest rather than just the trees. It feels incredible to see the end of the project and I received an agenda. This agenda would have taken my breath away considering the fact that it was so intense. I have to finally make use of the program and turn all of my beautiful images into ASCII text files in order to process. I don’t know what it will look like. I have to do a cross correlation, write two essays in scientific paper format (something that I’ve never done), finish my interactive map, create the PowerPoint, and practice the presentation. I haven’t properly practiced for a presentation in years. My hand feels somewhat out. The skill can return in time, but the Hurricane keeps swirling. However, the storm is strongest this close to the eye. I will go at it with a positive attitude and a large cheer when I crest over the last wave. However, I know that I can’t do it alone. I want to be more than just a colleague in this project. I want to be someone people know that they can depend on in a personal sense as well as a professional sense. I need to improve at seeing the world outside of my project. To all of my fellow interns, you are all super awesome and I’d like to let you all know that I’m so proud of each of you. I’d be honored to help if anyone needs something from me. I feel as though I need to be more social and really stop having the tunnel vision. I adore the work, yet I still need to see those around me. I’m ready to chat or grab dinner any time you want. We are stronger together at the most intense portion of the Hurricane and we will enter the eye the more extraordinary for it than we already are.

-Henry