Following the announcement that AMS Annual Meeting 2023 will be located in Denver, CIRES Travel would like to remind the CIRES community of the in-state travel policies and procedures. Please visit the InsideCIRES travel page for more information or contact CIRES Travel with any questions or concerns regarding in-state travel requests or reimbursements.
More information regarding Coronavirus travel updates can be found on the PSC travel page.
- CIRES employees or students travelling within the state of Colorado for a meeting or workshop do not need to submit a travel request in InsideCIRES if the university is only covering the cost for their conference registration.
- Travelers should submit a request for prior approval if in-state travel costs will include overnight lodging, per diem, parking and/or mileage.
- If travel is wholly within a single day, meals are an allowable expense as long as the trip lasts 12 hours or more. Reimbursement cannot exceed 75% of the daily M&IE per diem rate.
- Meal reimbursement is not allowable if adequate meals are included with lodging, as part of conference/registration fees, or otherwise provided to traveler at no cost. Amounts in excess of meal per diem are not allowable unless part of a required official function.
- On begin and end travel days, reimbursement cannot exceed 75% of the daily M&IE per diem rate.
- Lodging is allowable to the extent the lodging provides reasonable accommodations based on the business needs for the traveler. Travelers should use their travel card to pay for lodging.
- Non-employees receiving support for domestic travel from CIRES should complete the Non-Employee Travel Request form and submit the request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Detailed information about non-employee travel is available and can be downloaded from InsideCIRES here.
- When you have returned from your trip, CIRES employees may either create an expense report in Concur or complete and submit a Travel Voucher to email@example.com, including all required receipts in your email. Non-employees should complete the Non-Employee Reimbursement (NR) form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org, including all receipts, to be reviewed and processed.