Dear Colleagues, 

I sincerely appreciate your time and good questions during our virtual town halls this morning. My team will let you know when we schedule the next virtual meeting; it will likely be sometime next week.

I’d like to clarify a couple things, because we were all dealing with rapidly changing information this morning. This email represents my understanding at 3:30 pm today, Monday, March 16, and supersedes previous communications.Due to current public health concerns, I expect ALL CIRES employees, whether you work in the David Skaggs Research Center or the CU Boulder campus, to work at home, unless you simply cannot conduct any of your work at home. If you cannot conduct your work at home because your in-person work is critical to some element of CU Boulder or NOAA functioning (eg, forecasting or likely catastrophic loss of equipment), you may work from either campus right now: at the moment, both are open, but I suspect this is temporary.Since both campuses are open, if you must gather materials from your office to support work from home, you may do so, in consultation with your supervisor. This situation could change at any moment, of course, and I urge you to keep any visits brief and follow CDC recommendations (eg: maintain distance from others and wash your hands thoroughly before and after visiting the office). If either campus closes, you will not be allowed to access office or lab space except if you are approved to do so; we are working with our federal and university partners to notify you imminently if you are on such lists. The phrases “campus closure” or “site closure” indicate that buildings are closed (or access is severely limited) and it doesn’t mean that operations or work will stop. You are expected to work remotely during this time, except if you are on approved leave.Please check the CU Boulder campus’s FAQs if you have questions, or our list here. The Town Hall recordings are posted here (UPDATE: AVAILABLE ON REQUEST TO CIRESNEWS@COLORADO.EDU). And thank you for your patience. Our situation is changing rapidly, and I’ll continue to do my best to keep CIRES staff up-to-date. 

Thank you, again, for your patience during this challenging time. 

Sincerely, 
Waleed Abdalati
CIRES Director