Dear CIRES Colleagues,

Many of you are already beginning to work from home or preparing to do so and I’m grateful for your responsiveness. These are challenging times and I will do my best to stay connected with everyone and tap into the strength of the CIRES/NOAA/CU Boulder community.

Tomorrow/Friday, please plan to log into the CU Boulder virtual town hall at 8:30 a.m.: https://www.colorado.edu/coronavirus/townhall.

Monday, I plan to host two virtual town halls for CIRES staff: one primarily for people who normally work in the DSRC, the other for CU Boulder campus-based staff. Each of these is limited to 300 participants; we will record or offer a third slot if anyone is excluded. My senior management team will be there to help address your concerns and questions as best we can. 

CIRES Virtual Town Halls, Monday, March 16:

• 10 a.m. Zoom (for DSRC-based CIRES employees). Phone-only option: +1-669-900-6833 (meeting ID: 859 132 028)
  • 11 a.m. Zoom (for CU Boulder campus-based employees). Phone-only: +1-669-900-6833 (meeting ID: 112 318 059)

We know that you have many questions, some of which cannot be answered right now. Along with our colleagues at CU Boulder and NOAA, we are doing our best to get answers quickly. CU Boulder is soliciting questions and posting FAQ answers here. CIRES is accepting CIRES-specific questions through this link

Meanwhile, please do what you can to keep you and your family healthy, support your community, and keep yourself informed of the resources available to help you, some of which we’ve re-posted below. 

Sincerely,
Waleed Abdalati
CIRES Director

Resources: